The submission period will open on November 6, 2023 and will close on December 31, 2023 or when 250 qualified
entries have been received, whichever comes first.
APPLICANTS must upload and submit all of the following:
Libretto - 25-30 continuous pages with creative team identifying information removed
(you may continue song lyrics or a scene to a logical stopping place)
Music - 5 songs that best reflect the work
Synopsis - 250 words maximum
Eligible submissions will be reviewed and scored by the Selection Committee based on which pieces best embody the concepts of passion with a purpose - originality, innovation and creativity.
Prizes: a minimum of $10,000.00 U.S.D.
Total prize money to be awarded is a minimum of $80,000 which will be divided at the sole discretion of the Pipeline Arts Foundation (e.g. two $40,000 prizes or four $20,000 prizes, etc. Minimum award is $10,000).
Notification Date of Award Recipients no later than June 30, 2024 .
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION.
Void where prohibited by law and outside the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
This Award is subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances regarding administration and taxation.
Terms & Conditions
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS & CONDITIONS: By participating in the Pipeline Arts Foundation Prize Program, Entrant hereby agrees to be bound by and comply with these Rules and any decisions by the Foundation or the judges of the Award, which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants must be, at the time of entry: (a) a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident, enrolled student with a valid and current U.S. student visa or hold a valid U.S. visa; (b) A musical theatre artist in the early to middle stages of their career; (c) At least 21 years of age.
2. SUBMISSIONS & JUDGING: Entrants must provide all required information as set forth on the Award Application (and deliverables submission) in order to be considered. Any attempt by any Entrant to submit more than ONE entry by using multiple and/or different identities, addresses or any other method will void and disqualify the Entrant. The Foundation reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website affiliated with the Award and/or the legitimate operation of the Award; violating the Rules; or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner to any person. The Foundation and Entrants forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, stolen and/or unreadable Submissions. The Foundation assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, deletion, defect, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Award.
3. SUBMISSION RESTRICTIONS: Entrants may submit only one full-length musical. Entrant affirms that their Submission: (a) does not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; Each Entrant further affirms that all information submitted is complete and accurate. Submissions must be UNPRODUCED Scripts as defined by the Dramatists Guild: "Readings, staged readings, AEA workshops, developmental productions, amateur productions, concert versions, etc., are not professional productions". The Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any Submission for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, based upon a determination that such Submission violates any affirmation set forth herein. By submitting, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant has read, and agrees to bound by, these Rules. Judges of the Awards or anyone involved in the selection procedure are not permitted to enter or win Prizes. Scripts and other materials submitted on Part 2 of the application must have creative team identifying information either removed or redacted. Video submissions are not accepted.
4. SELECTION OF PRIZE RECIPIENTS: Each eligible Submission will be judged and recipients of the Award will be selected in accordance with the Judging Criteria above. All Prizes are non-transferable. All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from participation in this Award, including, winning and receiving the Prizes, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. Prize Winners must submit a valid street and e-mail address and IRS Form W9 (the Foundation will supply the form) prior to prize money being distributed.
5. ANNOUNCEMENT: Prize Winners will be notified no later than June 30th, 2024 via either e-mail and/or phone. If the potential Award Recipients cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) hours of sending the initial e-mail message or leaving a voicemail, such persons may be disqualified, and Entrants with the next highest score or evaluation will be selected as the alternate Prize Winners. The Foundation shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential Award Recipients. No responsibility is assumed by the Foundation for any phone calls, text messages and/or e-mails that fail to deliver or that are returned as undeliverable or for any other problems, omissions or technical malfunctions associated with any network, servers, computer equipment, software, applications, the Internet or any combination thereof.
6. ERRORS: In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in the Rules or application website, the Foundation reserves the right to modify said errors for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the Rules.
7. PUBLICITY: Entrants agree that, if selected as a Prize Winner, their names, photos, biographies and/or likenesses, statements, and other information contained in their Submissions, may be displayed, reproduced, distributed, publicized, broadcast or transmitted over any medium by the Foundation for reporting and promotional purposes in perpetuity in connection with the Award, without any additional compensation, consideration, permission, or notification. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that Foundation may contact Entrants using any and all information provided by Entrant to Foundation in connection with the Application. E-mail and other contact information will never be sold or shared. Prize Winners agree to create a title page credit on all future readings, concerts, showcases, productions, and publications as follows: “Title of musical was developed, in part, with funding from the Pipeline Arts Foundation.”
8. RELEASES: Entrants further release the Foundation, from any and all liability, claims, or actions in connection with: (a) Entrants’ acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes, and participation in any activity related to this Award; and (b) the display, reproduction, distribution, publication, broadcast or transmission, or other exploitation as provided for herein of the Materials or any portion thereof, including without limitation, any claim for copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, slander, invasion of privacy, or infringement of rights of publicity.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE FOUNDATION, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE AWARD, TRAVEL ASSOCIATED WITH THE AWARD, USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY RELATED TO ANY PART OF THIS AWARD. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Official Rules and/or this Award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Colorado; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Award process but in no event attorneys’ fees, and not to exceed ten dollars ($10); and (c) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants, or the Foundation, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado.